Earlier today I shared our Top 5 Tips for Baking with Children, so nothing better than putting them in practice. Little man is a great chef, he can whisk a cake mix like nobody else.
We made some easy cupcakes and here is the recipe we followed from Appliance Online blog.
- 65g caster sugar
- 60g Light soft brown sugar
- 125g self raising flour
- 25g Chocolate chips (optional)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- 2 medium eggs
- 125g butter or margarine, softened at room temperature
- 2 tbsp milk, to loosen
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4
- Empty the dry ingredients into a mixing bowl
- Add the butter and the eggs and mix well
- Add the milk and vanilla extract (optional) and mix
- Spoon mixture into cupcake cases
- Bake for 15 mins or until golden-brown on top and a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean
- Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
- And simply decorate!
Now it’s where the fun starts by decorating the cupcakes. We have chosen to use a Halloween Icing kit with orange, white, black and purple icing.
It was a lot of fun making spooky Halloween modelling: Spiders, Pumpkins, Spooky Ghost, Witch hat, Spooky Snail and Spooky Pizza Face.
Based on past experiences, I knew the cupcakes would be eaten very soon, so I took lots of photos of them so I could cherish our first modelling with icing! I’m sure our Halloween Cupcakes will go like hot cakes!
Baking itself was very enjoyable, let alone winning amazing treats for the whole family! Great! 🙂
I have entered this into Mummy Mishaps I Love Cake