This autumn, Maggi® is making it even easier for mums to provide delicious meals the entire family will enjoy. Using its long-standing culinary expertise, Maggi has added four new recipe mixes to the delicious ‘Fresh Ideas’ range; providing simple ways to create modern twists on enduring family favourites.
The popular ‘Fresh Ideas’ range is now also available in the following new flavours:
- Roasted Apple & Sage Pork – Embrace autumn with fragrant sage, apple and a hint of mustard in this delicious tray bake recipe
- Beef & Ale Casserole – Enriched with classic herbs, this full-flavoured beef and ale casserole is sure to keep families warm as the evenings get colder
- Cheesy Chicken & Leek Potato Bake – Watch this dish bubble as this cheesy bake cooks to perfection in the oven
- Lincolnshire Sausage Casserole – A delicious blend of herbs and spices enhance this traditional autumn classic
The new flavours add to the existing tasty variants of the ‘Fresh Ideas’ range which include; Sizzling Steak with Caramelised Red Onion, Creamy Herb and Garlic Chicken, Roasted Lemon and Herb Chicken, Roasted Honey and Mustard Chicken, Cheesy Bolognese Pasta Bake and Cheesy Chicken and Bacon Pasta Bake.
Each new addition to the range is ready to serve in just three easy steps, clearly marked on the packet for the ultimate ease of use. Maggi’s ‘Fresh Ideas’ contain no artificial colours, flavours or preservatives and are designed to provide hearty, delicious meals.
I received a selection of Maggi’s Fresh Ideas range and my first recipe to try was Cheesy Chicken & Leek Potato Bake.
Cheesy Chicken & Leek Potato Bake Recipe:
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 500g boneless skinless chicken thighs, chopped
- 2 medium leeks, sliced and washed
- 700ml semi-skimmed milk
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 60g reduced fat grated mature cheese
- Vegetables to serve
- Preheat the oven to 200C (180C for fan ovens) or Gas Mark 6. Fry the chicken and leeks in the oil in a large non stick pan until golden brown.
- Whisk the Maggi recipe mix with the milk in a jug then add to the pan with the chicken. Add the potatoes, bring to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Carefully pour the mixture into the ovenproof dish and sprinkle with the cheese. Bake for about 25-30 minutes or until the potatoes are cooked and the top is browned. Ensure the bake is piping hot throughout before serving.
The whole family enjoyed Maggi’s Cheesy Chicken & Leek Potato Bake. It was easy to make and very creamy and delicious. We had it with carrots, but you can also have it with steamed courgettes, peas and sweetcorn! Yummy!
The new ‘Fresh Ideas’ products will be available in most major supermarkets for an RRP of 89p*, alongside the existing products in the range and Maggi’s popular favourites, the ‘So Juicy’ and ‘So Crispy’ ranges.
To view more information on the product range and alternative recipe suggestions, visit www.maggi.co.uk.