A few months ago, I mentioned about the start of the Carbon Monoxide Campaign: Be Alarmed to help raise awareness of the dangers of carbon monoxide poisoning.
If you are a British soap watcher you will have recently noticed the reoccurring and serious dangers surrounding carbon monoxide poising and the importance of using a fully qualified gas safe registered engineer for any work involving gas appliances. You may have seen that Coronation Street featured a story on carbon monoxide (CO) poisoning over the festive and New Year period – with one of the characters, Fiz, becoming very ill and close to death as a result of exposure to the gas.
Carbon Monoxide Poisoning is extremely serious as it is a “silent killer”! I am helping to spread the message about the importance of having an alarm, the dangers of CO poisoning and ways that can help others to stay safe.
The effects of CO poisoning can be devastating, yet it is easily preventable. The most important question: is your family safe? I have a carbon monoxide alarm fitted at home and I hope you also have. If you don’t have an alarm yet, British Gas is giving away 75 carbon monoxide alarms in the hope that soon every home will be fitted with one of these. You can enter British Gas Facebook competition here.
For more information, please visit the Carbon Monoxide – Be Alarmed! website. You can also follow the campaign on Twitter and Facebook for the latest updates, stats and for life-saving information to share with your friends and family.