Poundland has launched over 100 new grocery lines to help savvy families save £££s when they switch to Poundland to buy their weekly essentials.
To celebrate and showcase the range, I was sent a £15 voucher as part of Poundland Weekly Essentials Challenge to spend on our weekly essentials. I was challenged to see just how much money I could save by switching to Poundland to buy our essential grocery items.
When I heard about the challenge, I was very excited by the fact that I could save without giving up the brands I already use. Besides, I love a bargain and saving my pennies, so I knew I would enjoy it!
With each item priced at just £1 as well as fantastic multiple offers, you can save pounds by doing your weekly shop at Poundland and still buy your favourite top brand names at their Food and Drink section, including Kellogg’s, Cadbury, Heinz, Warburtons and Nestle to name just a few.
Over the weekend, I went to my local Poundland in North London to buy our essential items, what I would normally buy at my local supermarket.
When I got home, while I put my feet up for a few minutes with a cup of tea, I checked all the prices online and calculated the difference.
So here is what I bought:
- Warburtons Medium Sliced White 600g – £1.00 (same price at supermarket)
- Bird Bros 9 Fresh Eggs – £1.00 (same price for 6 eggs at supermarket, so it works out at £1.50 for 9 eggs, saving 50p)
- Harvest Delight Instant Porridge Golden Syrup 8 pack – £1.00 (found same brand online for £1.49, saving 49p)
- Harvest Delight Porridge Oats 1kg – £1.00 (supermarket own label for £1.20, saving 20p)
- Weight Watchers Curry Sauces – 3 for £2.00 (same product for £1.00 each, saving £1.00)
- Loyd Grossman Korma Curry Sauce – 3 for £2.00 (same product for £1.80 each, saving £3.40)
- Hula Hoops Original 7 bags – £1.00 (same product for £1.67, saving 67p)
- McVitie’s Mini Cheddars Original 7 bags – £1.00 (same price at supermarket)
- Harvest Chewee White Choc Chip 9 bars – £1.00 (same product for £1.68, saving 68p)
- Butterkist Toffee Popcorn 6 snack packs – £1.00 (same product for £1.68, saving 68p)
- Sun-Maid Californian Raisins 9 Mini-Snacks – £1.00 (found 18 mini-snacks for £3.19, so it works out at £1.59 for 9, saving 59p)
- Fruit Bowl Yogurt Raisins 5 packs – £1.00 (same product for £2.00, saving £1.00)
- Supermax Ultimate Shave Gel Sensitive Triple Action 200ml – £1.00 (same product for £1.85, saving 85p)
Due to multi-buy offers on the sauces, I was able to buy not 15 but 17 items in total with the voucher provided.
I was pleasantly surprised with the variety and brands available at Poundland.
Initially I went to the store to buy only food, however hubby ran out of shaving gel on the day, so I decided to get him some while I was there.
When I checked online, I couldn’t believe that it would have been over £10 to buy exactly the same products at my local supermarket.
I was so pleased with my savings that I even made a little spreadsheet!
I’m delighted with the results, I found out that indeed I can switch to Poundland and save every week.
I am definitely coming back to Poundland next week as I’m looking after my pennies (and the pounds will look after themselves!).