Last weekend, I tried VO5 Dry Shampoo Refresh Me Quick and I really liked how my hair had more bounce and body after a couple of minutes.
This week, I am trying a new look. My hair is naturally curly and wavy, although it is thin, it has a lot of volume. While checking VO5 Facebook page for some inspiration and ideas for a new hair style, I decided I wanted to try a super straight look, which is exactly the opposite of my normal hair. I simply wash and add leave-in conditioner or mousse when my hair is damp, I don’t usually straighten my hair.
While browsing, I found out about VO5 Smoothly Does It Straightening Lotion which was launched a few weeks ago. It provides straighter hair for up to 3 washes as the heat from the straightening iron activates the Kerafix Technology to smooth hair and help control fix – exactly what I need to tame my curly hair!
Having decided what I was after, I popped to my local Boots store, you can check my Google+ Album about Shopping at Boots for VO5 Smoothly Does It Range. I purchased two products: VO5 Smoothly Does It Straightening Lotion and VO5 Smoothly Does It Tame & Shine Spray to achieve my Super Straight Look. I really liked the fact there were easy to follow instructions on the box of VO5 Smoothly Does It Straightening Lotion with pictures on how to get fabulously straight hair.
This is how my hair looked before, front and back picture.
How to Achieve Super Straight Hair:
You will need:
- VO5 Smoothly Does It Straightening Lotion
- VO5 Smoothly Does It Tame & Shine Spray
- Hairdryer and Brush
- Straightening Iron
- Wash your hair and towel dry.
- Spread VO5 Smoothly Does It Straightening Lotion evenly through your hair sufficiently covering full head, avoiding scalp. You will need approximately 8-10 pumps in total for mid-length hair. I used around 10-12 pumps of the Straightening Lotion.
- Blow dry your hair in sections using a brush.
- Shake well VO5 Smoothly Does It Tame & Shine Spray and spray onto dry hair after blow drying and before using straightening irons.
- Straighten your hair in small sections, using a flat iron at its highest setting. Repeat over 5 times over each section.
This is how my hair looked after!
I should add that I don’t usually use straightening irons as my mum always told me that they would damage my hair. However VO5 Smoothly Does It Straightening Lotion and VO5 Smoothly Does It Tame & Shine Spray have a heat activated formula for use with straightening irons and they help protect hair against heated appliances.
I must say I am very pleased with my Super Straight Look. It says in the box that I should only need to use VO5 Smoothly Does It Straightening Lotion after every third wash. However if I feel the need to perfect my straighter hair or smooth out frizz after every wash, I could use a few pumps of the lotion and blow dry.
I’ve done a video explaining how I achieved my Super Straight Hair Look: