Mums know best as they choose their top toys!
Months ahead of their release, some of the hottest toys for Christmas have already been decided by mums at home as the winners of the Mum’s Choice Awards from Christmas in July are revealed.
Last week, I attended Christmas in July, an event full of toys that are yet to be released. A group of influential mummy bloggers who work with parenting website UKMums.tv, descended on the toy-specific press preview of the summer, Christmas in July this week. As mums always know best, they sought out the must-have toys that they know will be on their children’s wish lists.
These unique awards give mums a platform for sharing their views on the toys that will be hot for Christmas from over 30 companies that exhibited.
As holders of the family purse strings, mums are the ones who decide which presents their little ones will be unwrapping, so gaining their approval can be crucial in ensuring that a product makes it to ‘must-have’ status, even before it launches!
The results across all categories were;
- Trunki – Lotus F1 Trunki
- Golden Bear – Go Mini HQ Playset
- Flair – Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
- Trunki – Tropical PaddlePak range
- Zapf Creation – Baby Annabell Doll
- Character – Lite Brix for Girls – Light up Mansion
- Plum Products – Ingham Fire Station Wooden Play Set with Accessories
- VTech – Kidizoom Touch
- HABA – My First Play World – Fire
- Flair – GP Tech Appen
- Character Options – Chill Factor
- VTech – Kidi Go
- Flair – Skwooshi (range)
- DKL – HAMA Beads Safari
- Rainbow Designs – The Very Hungry Caterpillar Mask
Games & Puzzles
- Ravensburger – Labyrinth
- Esdevium Games – Dobble
- Goldfish and Bison – Simon Game
- Inspiration Works – Kurio 4S Touch – KD UK
- Character Options – Teksta
- Hexbug – Aquabot
I spent the whole day at the event, I must say it was quite busy chatting to all the companies and finding out more about the toys. It was lovely catching up with other bloggers and be in the panel of the Mums Choice Awards. Christmas in July gave me lots of ideas for this Christmas!