I love roast chicken, but sometimes I am not sure which seasoning to use. I was pleased to hear Schwartz 2in1 seasoning range offers easy to use recipe mix sachets in one handy pack: one sachet flavours the main dish whilst the other contains а seasoning for a complementary side dish or topping.
With 5 different varieties to choose from, it’s a great way to try out new dishes or transform an existing family favourite. I was sent two samples from the 2in1 range:
Mediterranean Chicken Pasta and Cheesy Crumb Topping: A blend of herbs and spices for chicken pasta with a cheesy topping.
Garlic & Thyme Roast Chicken + Crispy Roast Potatoes: Roast chicken seasoning, with garlic and thyme, accompanied by a special seasoning to create perfect Crispy Roast Potatoes.
Schwartz 2in1 is extremely easy to use as it comes with an easy to follow recipe on the back of the pack.
Garlic & Thyme Roast Chicken and Crispy Roast Potatoes
For Garlic & Thyme Roast Chicken you will need:
- Schwartz 2 in 1 Garlic & Thyme Roast Chicken Seasoning
- 1 x 1.6kg (3.5lb) whole chicken
- 2 tbs oil
For Crispy Roast Potatoes you will need:
- Schwartz 2in1 Crispy Roast Potato Seasoning
- 3 tbs oil
- 1kg (2.2lb) roasting potatoes, peeled
1. Pre-heat oven to 190°C, 375°F, Gas Mark 5.
2. Place the chicken on a roasting tray and score the breasts and legs.
3. Mix the oil and Garlic & Thyme Roast Chicken Seasoning together and brush over the chicken. Cover with foil and place into the oven.
4. After 35 mins add the oil for the potatoes to a separate roasting tray, place in the oven to pre-heat for around 10 mins. Meanwhile, cut potatoes into 5cm (2”) chunks, and par-boil for 8 mins. Drain, return to pan and sprinkle with the Crispy Roast Potato Seasoning.
5. Carefully remove pre-heated roasting tray from the oven. Place potatoes onto it, gently shake to coat in the oil and return to the oven. Remove the foil from the chicken and cook both for a further 45 mins, until potatoes are crispy, chicken is cooked through and the juices run clear.
The whole family loved it, I must say hubby was quite impressed, he kept saying the chicken was full of flavour and the potatoes were as crispy as they should have been.
Overall, we really enjoyed our meal and we will be trying the other items of the Schwartz 2in1 range. They are quick and easy, flavoursome and a lovely twist to traditional meals. We served the Garlic & Thyme Roast Chicken and Crispy Roast Potatoes with a mixed leaves salad with cucumber and tomato.