Summer’s officially here and we have been invited take part in Asda’s latest campaign, #SaveSummer, to keep little (and big ones) entertained over the summer holidays. Asda have thought of a fabulous list of wild and wonderful activities that are sure to get you in the summer mood over eight weeks.
Asda will co-create low-cost ideas that can inspire the whole family and stop the summer rushing by too quickly, from making home-made play-dough dinosaurs and ice cream burgers to Angry Water-Birds.
There are other #SaveSummer ideas waiting to be triggered that are weather-dependant, and some that are contextually, perhaps royally, inspired. All the ingredients to the #SaveSummer activities can be immediately ordered for online delivery or Click and Collect through Asda’s online groceries shop at http://groceries.asda.com/
Harvest a new friend this summer with this easy kid’s gardening project!
You will need:
- PVA Glue
- Grass Seeds
- Plastic Cups
- Wiggle Eyes
- Markers or Paint
1 . Put a couple of spoonfuls of grass seeds at the bottom of your stocking and then fill it with compost.
2. Use PVA to glue a face onto your grass head and give it a name, we decided to make a family of grass heads with mummy, daddy, son and daughter. Little man decided to stick eyes to the grass heads and paint red lips. You can download the limb and body parts from http://assets.asda.com/media/pdfs/PDF_Limbs-and-things_1.pdf
3. Fill an empty pot or plastic cup with water, put the grass head in and then leave them in the sun.
4. Sit back and wait for your friend’s hair to grow. This could take a while.
5. When the “hair” gets longer you can give your grass head a stylish haircut.
6. Share a story about your friend with the hashtag #SAVESUMMER
You don’t need to buy new tights, you can use any old tights you may have. You might also swap the plastic cups for yogurt containers. Little man had a great time making his grass heads, now he can’t wait for the hair to grow.
I was invited to take part in the #SaveSummer campaign and the materials were provided. However the opinions expressed in this review are honest and my own.