Summer’s officially here and we have been invited take part in Asda’s latest campaign, #SaveSummer, to keep little entertained over the summer holidays. Asda have thought of a fabulous list of wild and wonderful activities that are sure to get you in the summer mood. All the ingredients for the activities can be ordered at http://groceries.asda.com/.
This is the fifth week, so far we have done Week 1: Grow Green Hair, Week 2: Angry Water Birds, Week 3: Ice Cream Burgers, Week 4: Onesies Movie Marathon, Week 5: Build Solar System. Little man is loving the #SaveSummer activities!
Let’s go wild with Jungle Breakfast – feed your hungry creatures with a breakfast that could last until dusk.
You will need:
1. To make a monkey, toast one crumpet and cover with butter and honey.
2. Cut three pieces of apple per monkey for ears and a snout, use raisins to make eyes, noses and mouths. We also used a piece of banana for each eye.
3. To make a jungle drink, mix equal parts of pineapple juice and coconut milk and serve with fancy fruit and umbrellas.
3. Colour in the animals masks, template can be found at http://assets.asda.com/media/pdfs/PDF_Animal_masks.pdf, cover the kitchen in jungle decorations and enjoy your breakfast.
4. Share your pictures using #SaveSummer.
Little man loved the idea of having a jungle breakfast and making monkey faces out of crumpets. I sliced the fruits and let him get on with it. I’m quite surprised his monkey face was, very similar to mine.
We made a few monkeys and we also tried making a mouse. We had a lovely breakfast, it was enjoyable and very tasty, and we will be having another jungle breakfast soon!
I was invited to take part in the #SaveSummer campaign and the materials were provided. However the opinions expressed in this review are honest and my own.