We were sad to see the end of the Summer Holidays, we were doing an activity a week as part of the #SaveSummer campaign by Asda.
Over the past few weeks, we have done the following summer activities:
- Week 1: Grow Green Hair
- Week 2: Angry Water Birds
- Week 3: Ice Cream Burgers
- Week 4: Onesies Movie Marathon
- Week 5: Build Solar System
- Week 6: Jungle Breakfast
- Week 7: Play-doh Dinosaurs
We decided to do one more activity to keep the summer going before little man starts school. We tried Rainbow Pancakes and they were yummy!
We love pancakes, you might remember a blog post a few months ago with recipes: Happy Pancake Day: Easy Pancake Recipe for Shrove Tuesday. 🙂
It’s Not Pancake Day, But We’ll Have Them Anyway. Making pancakes is a good idea, making a rainbow is even better!
You will need:
- Baking Powder
- Food Colouring
- Mix three mugs of flour, three big spoons of baking powder, a teaspoon of salt and a big spoon of sugar.
- Make a well in the center and pour in two and a half mugs of milk, two eggs and six big spoons of melted butter; mix until smooth.
- Once smooth rest the batter for about as long as an episode of your favourite TV show.
- Separate the mixture into seven bowls and add different food colouring into each bowl.
- Use a ladle to pour the mixture onto your heated and greased pan and flip the pancake once it’s starting to bubble.
- Upload a picture of your pancake stack using the hashtag #SAVESUMMER.
We used orange and red food colouring to make our pancakes. Next time we will be trying other colours. Needless to say, it was very enjoyable making pancakes and even more, rainbow pancakes. They were enjoyed by the whole family!