I am a member of the Collective Bias® Social Fabric® Community. This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper amplification for Collective Bias and its advertiser. #CollectiveBias
We love delicious and nutritious family meals, especially when they are quick and easy to make. Adding cupboard essentials to meals, such as Heinz soups, helps to save time and add flavours at the same time.
One pot dishes are great when you don’t have much time to cook, you can simply add all ingredients together and do other chores/ put your feet up (delete as appropriate) while your meal is being prepared.
We usually make casseroles and stews during the Winter, but you can also make one-pot dishes in the Spring/ Summer. Paellas are convenient and easy to make, you can basically add any vegetables you wish to the rice and meat.
The soup made the paella creamy and tasty, while the sweet chilli added a moreish and tangy kick to the meal, complementing the other ingredients.
We love paella and sweet chilli, so I had a feeling the Sweet Chilli Chicken Paella would be a success. The whole family enjoyed it and asked for more, even little man.
You can adjust the amount of sweet chilli according to your family’s taste. Little man is used to chillies and spicy food, I’ve added two spoons of sweet chilli to make a flavoursome meal, but not overwhelming.
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 small Onions, chopped
- 1 Red Pepper, sliced
- 1 Yellow Pepper, sliced
- 150g Baby Spinach
- 250g Paella Rice
- 500g Chicken Breast, diced
- 1 litre Chicken or Vegetable Stock
- 1 can of Heinz Cream of Tomato Soup
- 2 tbsp Heinz Sweet Chilli Sauce
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Heat the olive oil in a large deep pan and fry the onion until soft, then add the chicken and fry until browned.
- Add the rice, tomato soup and stock, leave to cook on medium heat, stirring from time to time.
- The rice should be nearly cooked in around 15-20 minutes, pour the rest of the stock along with the peppers, spinach and sweet chilli sauce.
- Place a lid on the pan and cook for 10 minutes.
- You can add different vegetables and as much sweet chilli sauce as you wish.