Have you ever opened the fridge, starred at the contents and wondered what you would make for dinner?
It happens to all of us, suddenly we run out of ideas and need some inspiration. I was delighted to see Maggi recipe mix in our latest Degustabox – they are perfect when you want to cook a meal, but need a little helping hand.
Piri Piri Chicken is easy to make and delicious, you simply need to follow the instructions in the pack for a beautifully cooked family meal.
There were other also delicious recipe mix in our Degustabox, including Cheesy Chicken and Leek Potato Bake, Beef & Ale Casserole and Oriental Soy & Garlic Chicken.
I’ve tried Maggi several times before and achieved great results each time. My favourite recipes are:
- Lincolnshire Sausage Casserole Recipe
- Cheesy Chicken & Leek Potato Bake Recipe
- Roasted Apple & Sage Pork Recipe
So what did we think of Piri Piri Chicken? We loved it, it was a success with the whole family. Although the recipe mix contains chilli, it is not spicy, so suitable for children too. The delicious blend of chilli, coriander, garlic with authentic spices is full of flavour, and it complements the flavour of the chicken.
The recipe mix is meant to be used with chicken drumsticks, red peppers, onions and potatoes, however I modified it slightly. I used potato instead of sweet potato, and chicken drumsticks and thighs instead of chicken drumsticks only.
Piri Piri Chicken was served with rice – and we all loved it! We have another sachet, so I will be trying with sweet potato next time! 🙂
This is the recipe we used:
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 800g chicken drumsticks and thighs
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 2 potatoes, peeled and sliced into thin wedges
- 1 Maggi Piri Piri chicken
- Rice, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 190C (170C for fan ovens), or Gas Mark 5. Mix the Maggi seasoning with 150ml water in a large bowl.
- Add the fresh ingredients and mix thoroughly. Tip everything into a large, deep roasting tin.
- Bake for 45 minutes. Ensure the chicken is cooked and pipping hot throughout before serving.
- Serve with rice and a handful of chopped coriander.