I can’t believe it is nearly Halloween again!
We are looking forward to having some time off during half term and celebrating Halloween in a couple of weeks. Little man loves dressing up for trick or treating and staying up late on Halloween.
When we get back home, we usually have a bowl of comforting soup with crusty bread before enjoying some Halloween sweets and treats.
Unilever Kitchen has sent us a lovely hamper full of products to inspire some spooktacular creations this Halloween. We started planning our Halloween by making a spooky Pumpkin and Apple Soup.
It is easy to make, and it can be prepared during the day (or even the day before), ready to be enjoyed when you get back home from the cold. it is full of taste and a hit with the whole family.
We will be sharing other Halloween creations this week, so check back for other spooktacular creations.
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 potatoes, chopped
- 1 small pumpkin, chopped
- 3 apples, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 tbsp butter, I used Gold from Flora
- 1 cup of white wine
- 1 Knorr Paprika Flavour Pot
- 1 Knorr Garden Herbs Flavour Pot
- 2 tbsp Double cream (optional)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Smoked paprika, to taste
- Add the butter to a large saucepan, then sautee the onions and garlic for 3-5 minutes, add the potatoes, pumpkin and apples and fry for a further 3-5 minutes.
- Add the white wine, and reduce by half. Add the paprika and garden herbs flavour pot, and a water to cover. Bring to boil and simmer on medium heat until vegetables are cooked.
- Blend and add double cream (optional) and serve warm with smoked paprika sprinkled on top.
We were sent a hamper to take part in the Halloween Challenge, however the opinions expressed in this post are honest and my own.