It’s been very cold lately, freezing actually. This weather is perfect for a big bowl of hot soup to warm you up when you get indoors.
Lactofree sent through a recipe for a Mediterranean Soup, which sounded delicious, so I decided to add a few ingredients and make the dish for our family.
The chunky Mediterranean vegetables and chicken soup was a success with the whole family. Little man even asked for an extra bowl.
Hubby is originally from Cyprus, so he knows very well what a good Mediterranean soup looks like. I must confess I was a little scared while I was cooking, but he absolutely loved the combination of flavours and even said it was one of the best soups he has ever had.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 gloves of garlic, chopped
- 2 onions, chopped
- 3 courgettes, diced
- 2 red pepper, diced
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 750ml vegetable stock
- 1 can chopped tomato
- 4 tbsp tomato paste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 chicken breast, cooked to taste
- Heat the olive oil in a casserole dish, add the onions and garlic and cook for a few minutes until soften.
- Add the peppers, courgettes, paprika, rosemary and cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Add the balsamic vinegar, cook for 2 minutes, add the chopped tomatoes, vegetable stock, and bring to the boil. Stir in tomato paste.
- Gently simmer until the vegetables are cooked. Cut the cooked chicken breast into chunks and add to the soup.
- Add the parsley and season with black pepper.
We are really into soups at the moment, they are a great way to include lots of vegetables in your diet. I am looking for soup inspiration, so I would love to find out what is your favourite soup?
The ingredients were provided free of charge for review purposes. However the opinions expressed in this post are honest and my own.