As a busy family, we are always trying to find ways of managing our time efficiently and fit in as much as we can in our hectic schedule. Although we enjoy eating out, most of our meals are homemade and we try to eat a balanced diet with plenty of fruit and vegetables.
Last weekend we visited our local Iceland store and were pleasantly surprised by the variety of products on offer. Until then, Iceland was our place to go for affordable and convenient party food, such as their delicious pizzas, nuggets, sausage rolls and other snacks. I must confess we haven’t thought about going to Iceland for our weekly shopping. While we were there, we loved the ingredients we found: fish, seafood, salmon, king prawns, lobster, varied sliced vegetables, quinoa, bulgur wheat, noodles and even kale.
We stocked up on frozen ingredients and this week we have been creating nutritious and tasty meals for our family. Did you know that modern freezing methods lock in the natural flavours in foods and retain the nutritional health benefits? Not only is frozen food convenient, it is also packed with vitamins!
I thought I would share our favourite meal, which is: Sweet Chilli Noodles with Curly Kale, served with Atlantic Salmon Fillet. It was enjoyed by the whole family!
Hubby really really liked the flavours of Iceland Sweet Chilli Noodles, he has already asked me to go back this weekend and stock up on more. The cooked noodle nests in sweet chilli sauce are full of vegetables: savoy cabbage, carrots, green beans, onion, beansprouts and red pepper.
Little man loved the salmon, he finished his meal in no time. Iceland Fish Market 4 Atlantic Salmon Fillets are skinless, boneless and individually wrapped for your convenience. I was very impressed with Iceland Curly Kale, and the fact that it costs only £1.19 for a 1kg bag! Who knew it was so easy and cheap to include superfoods in our meals?
If you prefer, you can prepare the meal in the microwave, by following the instructions on the back of the pack.
- 200g of Iceland Curly Kale
- 2 packs of Iceland Sweet Chilli Noodles
- 1 pack of Iceland Fish Market 4 Atlantic Salmon Fillets
- Cajun seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- Pre-heat the oven at 200C / Gas Mark 7.
- Remove salmon fillet from packaging, season with Cajun spices, salt and pepper to taste.
- Wrap each fillet loosely in foil.
- Place on a baking tray near the middle of the oven for 30 minutes.
- In the meanwhile, start preparing the sweet chilli noodles. Place wok or frying pan over a medium to high heat.
- Add sweet chilli noodles mix to the pan.
- Cook for 15 minutes, stirring frequently and reduce heat if necessary.
- Add the curly kale and cook for another 3-5 minutes.
- Serve the sweet chilli noodles with salmon!
Have you been to Iceland recently? What is your favourite product?
This post has been written in collaboration with Iceland, however the opinions expressed in this post are honest and my own.