We just got back from our summer holidays and can’t believe it’s nearly time to go back to school.
How we loved spending quality time together over the past weeks! We loved it so much that we want to make the most of the last few days before routine starts.
Little man enjoys spending time in the kitchen, helping to prepare our meals. One of his favourite ingredients is king prawns, he loves having it on its own and in dishes.
When I asked him what he would like to make, he said ‘anything with prawns’. I know he likes mashed potato, so together we thought of a king prawn and salmon pie!
We went shopping at our nearest Iceland store and stocked up on essentials for our meal, such as freshly frozen garden peas, frozen king prawns, frozen salmon fillet with garlic and hearb and frozen mashed potato. We also picked up some fresh salad leaves and cheese from the dairy aisle.
Creamy King Prawn and Salmon Pie (serves 2)
- 100ml milk
- 1 tbsp corn flour
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Iceland Fish of the Day Salmon with garlic and herb
- 2 tbsp Iceland freshly frozen garden peas
- 10 Iceland Fish Market king prawns
- 200g Iceland mashed potato
- 50g grated Iceland British Mature cheddar cheese
- Pre-heat the oven at 200C.
- Take the king prawns out of the freezer so it can defrost for around an hour.
- Start by making the sauce by pouring the milk in a saucepan, over medium heat. Add the corn flour, salt and pepper to taste. Stir continuously until the sauce thickens. Once the sauce is ready, set aside to cool.
- Cook the salmon, in the microwave or oven, according to the pack instructions. We cooked it for a few minutes on the microwave. Let it cool down, then slice the fillet into 8 pieces.
- Add 4 pieces of fish to each individual dish, then add 5 king prawns. Top it with a heaped spoon of frozen peas. Pour the creamy sauce on top.
- Cook the mashed potato according to the pack instructions. It takes around 3-5 minutes to cook in the microwave, then mash it with a fork.
- Add the mashed potato on top of the pies and sprinkle with grated cheese.
- Bake in the middle shelf of the oven for 15 to 20 minutes, or until golden.
- Serve with a mixed leaves salad.
Little man really enjoyed making the creamy king prawn and salmon pie. It’s so easy and quick to make. The frozen ingredients are very convenient, I had no idea the mashed potato would be so delicious. We will definitely be buying it again and keeping a bag in the freezer.
He also loved eating the pie and asked when we can make it again.
How are you making the most of the last days of the summer holidays?
This post has been written in collaboration with Iceland, however the opinions expressed are honest and my own.