We all know that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Before leaving home, we always make sure we have a nutritious breakfast to keep us going during the day.
Ready Brek is a fantastic way to start the day as it releases energy slowly, keeping you full for longer. The super smooth oats have no added sugar or salt, so you know your family will be eating a delicious and healthy breakfast.
Ready Brek is also fortified with vitamins, iron and calcium. Calcium is important for healthy bones and teeth, while vitamin D is essential for a healthy immune system, proteins are great for healthy muscles and oat fibre is required for healthy digestion.
Usually we enjoy Ready Brek with a range of toppings, such as cinnamon and raisins, banana and peanut butter, and mixed berries. It can be made easily in the microwave or hob, in a matter of minutes.
As we all love pancakes, we thought we would combine our favourite breakfasts into one: Ready Break and Banana Pancake. It is lactose-free, sugar-free and flour-free. The sweetness of the ripe banana is beautifully complemented by the cinnamon and super smooth oats.
The pancakes were a success with the whole family and we will definitely be making them again soon. You can make a big batch in advance and keep in the fridge for a couple of days.
Once you are ready to enjoy the pancakes, simply place them in the microwave for a minute, before adding your favourite toppings.
- 1 cup of soya milk (or milk of choice)
- 2 cups of Ready Brek
- 2 eggs
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- Honey/ maple syrup for serving (optional)
- Bananas and nuts for serving (optional)
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Heat a non-stick frying pan sprayed with non-stick cooking spray over medium heat.
- In a blender, combine the banana, Ready Brek, milk, cinnamon, vanilla extract, eggs, salt and baking powder.
- Blend for a couple of minutes until the mixture is smooth.
- Pour spoonful of the batter onto the frying pan.
- Cook for a couple of minutes until it starts bubbling.
- Flip and cook the other side of the pancake for another couple of minutes.
- Continue with the remaining batter.
- Serve with banana, nuts and a drizzle of honey or maple syrup (optional).
How do you enjoy your Ready Brek?