I love hot chocolate, there is something about hot chocolate with marshmallows in this cold weather. It is a must-have drink after a busy day!
I have never thought about making edible cups before, but I was challenged by Gu to create an edible cup to drink their new, ready to drink hot chocolate.
Gu Puds, the purveyors of decadent desserts, have recently launched a range of velvety smooth, luxuriously thick and deeply indulgent drinking chocolate.
Gu Hot Chocolate is available in three delicious flavours: Hot chocolate, Mocha flavour hot chocolate and salted caramel hot chocolate.
We are big fans of Gu chocolate puds, so we couldn’t wait to try the hot chocolate. It can be drunk cold straight from the carton, or warmed up in the microwave for a couple of minutes.
To enjoy the hot chocolate in style, we made a delicious edible chocolate cup.
A marshmallow snowman was then placed inside the edible chocolate cup.
The next step was to pour Gu hot chocolate, and enjoy the chocolate drink and the cup!
- Ice cream cup
- Round Biscuit
- Ring sweet
- Chocolate (milk or dark)
- Ring sweet
- Chocolate beans
- Ready to roll icing
- White icing
- White icing
- Black and orange icing pen
- Chocolate milk drink, I used Gu Hot Chocolate
- Line the inside of the ice cream cup with ready to roll icing.
- Melt the chocolate and cover the cone fully, the inside and outside of the cone should be covered with chocolate. Cover the round biscuit with melted chocolate. Cut a ring sweet in a C shape, then cover in melted chocolate.
- Put the cup, biscuit and ring sweet in the fridge for a couple of minutes, until the chocolate sets.
- Remove the cone and biscuit out of the fridge. Glue the biscuit to the cone by adding a little melted chocolate to the base of the cone. Cover with another layer of melted chocolate, inside and outside. Glue the ring sweet to the side of the cup. Put in the fridge for a few minutes, until it sets.
- Decorate with chocolate beans around the cup, use a little melted chocolate to glue the beans. Decorate the rim of the cup with icing. Leave the cup in the fridge for around 5 hours, until it is fully dry.
- Make snowman marshmallows by sticking two marshmallow together with little icing. Then decorate with black icing pen and orange icing pen.
- Once the cup is dry, pour Gu hot chocolate and enjoy!
Gu hot chocolate is silky and tasty! So delicious, hot or cold.
I’ve noticed that other bloggers also made edible cups, so check out the Gingerbread cup made by Alison at Dragons and Fairy Dust, Apple cup by Cheryl at Madhouse Family Reviews and Chocolate cups by Galina at Chez Maximka.
Gu hot chocolate is available at RRP £1.99 for 750ml cartons at Tesco and Waitrose.
The products were received free of charge for review purposes. However the opinions expressed in this post are honest and my own.